MAP Design Competition requests submissions for a maximum size structure of 2,500 sq ft., on Summit Powder Mountain. The cabin will be located on a typical 12 degree sloped site (see supplemental material) and must be respectful to the alpine environment which is specific to its location. One will have to envision how this design will engage within a grouping of other dwellings, retain views, and keep utmost respect to the site and geographic region that these cabins will occupy. Sustainability is of utmost priority, and the use of natural materials, and humble expression is encouraged for this prototype.
1st Prize: Summit at Sea Experience, Date Nov. 13th-15th, 2015
2nd Prize: Summit Series Weekend, Winter 2016
3rd Prize: Summit Series Weekend, Winter 2016
Open to all Students of Architecture, Professional Architects, Engineers, Artists, Green Builders, DIYers, and Designers from around the world.
All applicants must read and abide by the contest rules as outlined below prior to registration;
- All work submitted must meet the formatting requirements
- All work submitted must be original work produced by identified team members for this competition.
- As a participant, you agree that Summit, Powder Mountain, PMBA, and partners may publish your work online and in print. All entrants will be notified prior to the publication of their work, or the announcement of the winners. All entrants retain copyright for all material they submit
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 9, 2015
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 16, 2015
WINNERS ANNOUNCED: OCTOBER 20, 2015
- Renders, Drawings, Details- Maximum of 10 in Jpg format. Size: 800px X 600px.
- Project Description- 500 words max.
Submissions are required to be uploaded through the website in jpg format (maximum total upload of 5MB)
- All images are required to be uploaded through the website
- Each jpg must be 800px X 600px
- 10 jpgs total
File naming for images must be in the following format: Team Name_image#.jpg ex: SPMDesignTeam_image1.jpg